Here is a more information out of the Newsletter regarding Greywater Education Webinar Series
Greywater Education Webinar Series
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 2:00pm - Wednesday, July 1, 2015 - 4:00pm
Register here for this event. Hosted by Greywater Action, co-sponsored by Transition US and the Northern California Community Resilience Network.
Part 1: Greywater 101 or Drought-Proof Your Landscape With Greywater. Wednesday, June 17th from 2-4pm.
Part 2: How to Design and Install a Laundry-to-Landscape Systems. Wednesday, June 24th from 2-4pm.
Part 3: How to Make Your Community Greywater Ready: Work with local agencies and irrigation stores. Wednesday, July 1st from 2-4pm.
Cost: $30- $50 sliding scale (1 registration per organization, multiple staff members can attend)
Who should attend:
- Community leaders
- Water conservation staff
- Environmental health directors
- Inspectors and code officials
- Environmental organization staff
- Green committee leaders
- Irrigation store employees
This workshop includes the following information:
- Understand your water system
- What is greywater?
- Ways to reuse it
- Plant friendly soaps and products
- Common type of systems
- General costs and water saving potential
- Design considerations
This workshop includes a presentation and hands-on practice installing a system. Content includes:
- Overview of the laundry-to-landscape system
- Plant friendly laundry detergents
- How to install the plumbing component for the L2L system
- How do design and install the irrigation component of the L2L system
- Costs and where to find materials
This workshop includes the following information
- Strategies for working with local irrigation stores to provide greywater system components
- Strategies for working with local building departments to streamline permitting requirements
- Strategies for building local experts and offering further local trainings
- Full access to the power point presentations. Our licensing agreement allows for alteration and adaptation of the presentations and requires proper credit be given to Greywater Action.
- Greywater resource packet.
- Lessons plans for laundry-to-landscape activity.