Show your concern about the proposed building of the largest beverage bottling plant operation in North America.
Growth Management Act Steering Committee Meeting
Wed., March 20, 11 a.m. to noon, City of Burlington City Hall, 833 S. Spruce St., Burlington
The Skagit County Growth Management Act Steering Committee (GMASC) will discuss whether or not to docket Anacortes’ petition to modify its urban growth area (UGA) to include six parcels. An affirmative vote would enable Tethys' plant operation. Although no public comment is allowed, your presence would demonstrate your concern.
The attached newsletter explains the following:
- The importance of Turners Bay lagoon in relationship to rezoning close-by parcels to light manufacturing, giving Tethys the opportunity to secure land for its bottling operation.
- The importance of an old rail-right-of-way, a stone's throw from Turners Bay lagoon.
- Tribal, county and city representation on the GMASC.
- The Skagit County Urban Growth Area Boundary Modification Process.
- Important Skagit County websites to keep you informed.
If you cannot open the newsletter, please let me know.
All the best,Sandra SpargoDefending Water in the Skagit River Basin
Defending Water for Life