Chainsaws will be buzzing in the Blanchard Core this summer unless we secure the full 7.7M due under the 2007 agreement to protect the Core (1,600 acres).
Statewide, constituents need to make it clear to their own elected legislators that the remaining funding must be allocated.
We need to put on a constant pressure of public demand from now until the end of March.
- Visit your legislators: be polite, but firm. ( to find your legislators: app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder )
- Write them personal letters *.
- Submit a letter to the editor in your local newspaper.
- Distribute the attached poster.
Two web sites will make these tasks easy...they include the history of Blanchard Mt and how to write effective letters:
www.skagitlandtrust.org and www.conservationnw.org/blanchard
Spread the word. Make an effort to reach out to all of your family, friends, community groups and organizations, etc., etc.
Talk to others you meet when you hike, bike or ride.
It will take all of us to protect our beautiful Blanchard Mt from a 2017 logging plan.
Friends of Blanchard Mountain Board
member - Blanchard Advisory Committee
*please send copies of your letters to:
(To encourage them to continue their support)
Skagit Co. Commissioners
1800 Continental Pl. suite 100
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
1111 Washington St. SE
Olympia, WA 98504-7001
Jay Inslee, Gov.
PO Box 40002
Olympia, WA 98504
website has email link
- Press Release from Skagit County about Blanchard
- Blanchard Flyer from Conservation Northwest.