Who? Mike, Sarai, Chuck, Jaime, Christopher, Jill, Chris S.
Any who are interested in helping facilitate CT meetings should read Formal Consensus Handbook - Butler
It was agreed that we would use this method to conduct meetings. Jill agreed to be January's meeting facilitator.
1) January Newsletter: Art in the Dark -submissions
- 2 submissions for voices in unison
Heather in Whatcom -Bham seed swap/note from her about the efforts
- Fish count
- Rain report
- Lighting the Dark
- Announce a fun run for the samish watershed
- --SCEA website
- Christopher's poem
- Another poem about art
2) Feb Newsletter: Leap into Spring
- Thinking about a garden and what to plant
- Greenhouse pictures
- Christopher: Seed starting
- REcap on lighting the dark - Sarai will do review
- Chuck wants to write something on toxic seeds
- --Also, write Bridget the groundhog's p.o.v. regarding spring
- Jill will write up the advertise spring seed swap
3) Regarding update on Beach Watchers co-hosting movies - this has been put on back burner until new volunteer coordinator is hired.
Jill suggests using the date to have guest speaker on the subject of water.
Chris S. brought up the legitimacy of having the Garden Tour focus on drought strategy (the group agrees).
Chuck would like to know what the regs are regarding water collection
--we will create a handout regarding water gathering regulations to share at plant swap and garden tour.
Jaime will look into movie potential for showing something about drought.
Sarai brought up hosting a workshop at the seed swap on water conservation or catchment.
4) Plan for Lighting the Darkness Event (Feb 5)
Sarai created PR to promote event, Chuck's feedback is make a big bold emphasis that incorporates the ideas and makes it all jump out.
Christopher and Chris S. will help with poster distribution.
Start set-up at 4:00 Friday, February 5
Need projector, screen, laptop, tri-fold w/CT information, handouts, sign up for newsletter, plant swap/sale handout, sign up for garden tour
Sarai wants to display art. Light orb of grapevine and masks.
Chuck will bring reference books and handout.
Sue will bring her materials.
Christopher will help w/fire sculpture set up. Anyone there who wants to help set up is invited.
Chris S will be MC and speak a bit about the garden tour
5) Sarai will send out a B-ham seed swap PR to press and email lists
Sarai likes Richard Heinberg's response to Paris talks.