Workshop provided through Women in Agriculture
Human resources is about attracting, developing and retaining good people. Chances are your farm's HR department consists of one employee: you. And you probably don't have time to study HR. So why not focus where you're likely to have the most impact - on good hiring. Join us for a power-point free evening of learning, sharing...and chocolate. :)
For more info visit our blog.
What you'll learn:
6-7:30pm HIRING 101 with Jodi Slavik, Employment Attorney
· What you should know about HR and the law, including what you can and can’t ask when interviewing likely job candidates
· How to create job descriptions that attract the right candidates and accurately portray your farm or business' needs & expectations
· What to look for in applications and resumes … both positives and red flags
7:30-9pm FARM INTERNSHIPS with Susan Soltes, Skagit FIELD Program Coordinator & Sarita Schaffer, WSU Small Farms and GrowFood.org
· How to legally host farm interns
· How/Where to recruit
· How to enrich the intern experience by participating in a FIELD program
· What's happening with Washington's Small Farm Internship Bill
FREE - Register Now
*Why for Women? Can men come too?
This workshop is an offshoot of Women in Agriculture, work supported by USDA/NIFA under Award Number 2010-49200-06203. WiA empowers women in agriculture to achieve goals and manage risk through education, networking and technology.
The number of women in agriculture grows every year and more women are becoming farm owners and managers.
Women dominate the HR profession, comprising 71 percent of HR managers, and in small businesses that lack an HR manager or department, it's often women who are in charge of hiring employees and monitoring their well-being.
Women learn differently than men: we like to connect with other women farmers and enjoy sharing experiences.
YES. Men are welcome to attend, the workshop is just tailored to women's learning preferences & to their professional interests, as reported in recent surveys.
Please help us get the word out by forwarding this email to potential attendees and/or by posting the attached flyer (preview below, designed to print on legal size paper).
Questions? Comments? firstname.lastname@example.org / 360-707-3223