For over 100 years, Washington State University has been connecting with you, your neighbors, and your community through our Extension programs. Every day, Skagit County Extension works to extend the university’s knowledge—addressing real-world issues to help find new opportunities for our farmers, natural resource managers, families, young people and business leaders to become successful.
- WSU Extension is invested in you, and I hope you will consider investing in us. Extension programs are varied and serve the state based on local needs. Last year’s investment by supporters like you allowed Skagit County to:
- Celebrate 95 years of WSU Skagit County Extension on August 30th, 2012, at our office in the Port of Skagit County
- Offer world-class agricultural research on irrigation and water research to a nation-wide audience
- Provide nutrition education to 10 elementary schools in Skagit County with the Food $ense curriculum
- Honor Jane Billinghurst as the Washington State Master Gardener of the year
- Educate approximately 500 youth between grades K through 12 through 4-H. The Skagit 4-H program is a national leader in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) projects while continuing to serve Skagit County’s agricultural roots.
- Begin the transformational process of updating our physical office space to better accommodate and attract programs and community needs.
I am so proud of the work we do here in Skagit County, and we hope you are too. Thank you for considering a gift to WSU Skagit County Extension and for your investment in our Extension programs. To make a donation go here.
Skagit County Director